Thursday, March 20, 2014

An Interview with Vijay Mane, author of "All I Need is, Just You!"!!!



I had an opportunity to interview Vijay Mane, author of "All I Need is, Just You!". Do read the interview:-

1.  Hello Mr. Vijay, what is your feeling after being an author? What’s your perspective about life now after achieving a rare flagship in your life?
Vijay : Well, it feels great when we achieve something new, which we thought impossible or out of our reach. I am of the opinion that we should always be engaged in the progress of ourselves without considering the circumstances. They always test us and tempt us to leave the task, especially when you suffer from the toil and nothing goes right. However, no matter how difficult it is, we should give ourselves into our passion, only then we can achieve anything we want.

2. When you saw your first novel for sale on E-commerce websites and placed at a bookstore for the first time, what kind of thoughts dominated your mind?
Vijay : I was excited to see my novel on amazon. I cannot express that feeling. Even the shiver of anxiety cannot be captured in words. And speaking about the hardcopy, I have not seen it in any bookstores as these would be available with very few bookstores like Oxford and Odyssey. I would like to see the photos of my novel from my readers.

3. Before we head towards discussing your book, we would like to know in spite of being an author, what do you exactly do? And do you wish to continue with the job or come into full-time writing?
Vijay : I am a deputy manager in one of the biggest companies of India. And I am proud of my organization. Apart from our financial goals, we are engaged in many social and environmental activities. I am always among the bunch of top performers and I enjoy working with loads of work. When you are in such a position where you have the power to get the work done, it always feels good, even if you are under a lot of pressure. Honestly. I enjoy it. It keeps me moving.
This is my first novel in English. And speaking the truth at this moment, I would prefer to continue with my job.

4. What is your latest book all about? And from where did this idea occur to you?
Vijay : This is the true love story of one of my friends. When I thought of writing a novel, this very story came in front of my eyes. It was one of the reasons, I have seen him changed. It was very tough for him to accept reality but he took it as a challenge. When I asked his permission to pen down the story, initially he was a bit hesitant but finally he agreed to the idea and opened up quite frankly.

5. How much long did it take to write this book from the moment you started developing the story to start writing it till completing it finally with editing and all?
Vijay : It took me around three months to write the details and then a month for editing it.

6. Indian Publishing is too hard to deal with, was it easy for you to get a Publisher or did u wait for a long time to get your work published?
Vijay : After editing the manuscript and all, I had sent it to a few publishers. However, as it happens with most freshers entering this field, I too got refusals. The publishers are also correct from their point of view. Why would they risk on some new entrant’s manuscript? Then I decided to try my luck and self published the book.

7. What are the Promotional strategies that you and your publisher have applied to  promote / market your book?
Vijay : I have made the video trailer of the book and it is on youtube, the facebook page is already there. There are exciting updates being uploaded regularly on it. Few giveaways for readers. The book is made available on major online retailers like amazon, flipkart, infibeam etc. We are working on few more strategies for the book to reach maximum readers.

8. What exactly is your target from your Books- 1. Getting most copies sold out, 2. Getting the love of readers or 3. You just wrote it because you wanted to write a book once in your life, hence you have no targets?
Vijay : I am already a writer in Marathi with two books to my credit. One of it had won the prestigious literary award for best comedy book of the year 2008. However, due to limited readership, I decided to switch to English.
If you ask me about target, there is the combination of both. I want my book to appear in the bestsellers list and of course, who wouldn’t want a lot of love from his readers?

9. By when are you coming up with your next novel? And if possible, do give us an idea about what it would be.
Vijay : I am busy promoting this book. The exact details about the next novel would be difficult as of now but it would definitely be the second part of Sameer’s life. That’s for sure!

10. In the end, tell us in 5-7 lines, what speech will you give if you win a Major Award for the Best Indian Author for your books?
Vijay : Dream wild. When your dream becomes your obsession, everything comes to you, to fulfill your dream. There is a big problem while dreaming big – we enormously limit ourselves. However, you will be surprised with the results when self-limits are thrown away. Nobody can stop you from reaching the summit of success, if you work honestly. The process could be slow, but you will definitely get there. And more importantly, when it comes to success, there are no shortcuts.





0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Book Reviewer | Movie Reviewer | Bibliophile | Business Analyst