Thursday, July 12, 2012

Interview with JYOTIRMOY MAZUMDAR- Author of "Did She Love Me?"


An Interesting interview with the Author of "Did She Love Me?"- JYOTIRMOY MAZUMDAR !!!


1. When your first book- Did She love Me came out, what was the reaction of people around you- Parents, friends, neighbours, relatives etc? 
Nostalgic, happy, bliss, proud.


2. How much long did it take to write this book from the moment you started developing the story to start writing it till completing it finally with editing and all? 
It took me around 3 months to complete the book, since it was my first, I wasn't aware that the book had to be edited myself so it took me less time than I expected.

3. when do you write as you are not a Full Time Writer and its not easy to find time after college? 
Writing is my favourite past time, I try to find time for myself to pen down my thoughts whenever I can. I sleep for 4hours when I have college to work on my books and maintain my studies.

4. will you keep attempting Love stories as other contemporary writers or will you try to script a topic that is intense and deep? 
I have not foreseen the future, but right now I want to write serious fiction instead of romantic books. But if I can find a plot good enough to divert my attention to love stories, I wouldn't hesitate.

5. As Indian authors are accused for degrading the quality of English and not giving a chance for readers to learn something new, can we expect some Good vocabulary, idioms, phrases, one-word substitutions etc from you ?
I am young unlike the other authors, I'd try my best to increment my English with each book, but I can't assure you that I would give you new words but I wouldn't write anything which would have errors.

6. Indian Publishing is too hard to deal with, was it easy for you to get a Publisher or did u wait for a long time to get your work published?
Not at all, it is never easy to get published in the Indian Publishing industry. Like other authors even I had to wait for a long time to get published.

7. What are the Promotional strategies that you and your publisher have applied to promote/market your book? 
Frankly speaking, my publisher didn't make any effort to promote my book, it was all done by the help of a few friends and Authors Emprie.

8. After seeing the success of Five Point Someone, that it was adapted as a Blockbuster movie later on, did you ever feel as if your books can also achieve this feat or are you working on building some contacts to get your books turned into visual format?
I am sure my 1st book, 'Did She love me?' won't get a visual format as it is a normal chick lit story but my second book might get a visual format if I can bring any producer to read it.

9. What exactly is your target from your Books- 1. Getting most copies sold out, 2. Getting the love of readers or 3. You just wrote it because you wanted to write a book once in your life, hence you have no targets?
Getting the love of the readers.

10. In the end, tell us in 5-7 lines, what speech will you give if you win a Major Award for the Best Indian Author for your books?
Well, I haven't thought of it as of now but if I win something like this some day, I would want to thank my mother for giving me the writing genes and my father for taunting me at every step which helped me to prove myself in front of him. I would also want to thank my readers because a writer without the readers is like a song without lyrics

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Book Reviewer | Movie Reviewer | Bibliophile | Business Analyst