Monday, June 11, 2012

Interview with Upcoming Author: Nikhil Chandwani !!!



1. It’s always a very hard job to select the topic for the first book, how did you come up with this Topic of Lust, Love and Flirt? 
Author: It was rather easy for me to choose a topic. I wanted to write what I had experienced..I wanted to pen down what I had inside my mind. 

2. As you are student of one of the top and respected University of India- VIT, how did you manage to write a novel with your studies and responsibilities of a student?
Author: VIT gives an awesome flexibility to choose subjects and timings. I kept a relaxed schedule for this semester and concentrated more on my novel and writings. I still screwed my semester though .

3. After seeing the success of Five Point Someone, that it was adapted as a Blockbuster movie later on, did you ever feel as if your book can also achieve this feat or are you working on building some contacts to get your book turned into a visual format?
Author: Well, I would greet all these domains with open arms. My novel has a flow of Indian version of American pie and freaks of my ages die to see such stuffs in a visual form. Hope for the best! Fingers crossed.

4. As your first book is complete and set to release very soon, will you keep attempting Love stories as other contemporary writers or will you try to script a topic that is intense and deep? 
Author: My next novel will have something really humorous and different. I ll soon announce my next project with my co author Rahul Manglik soon.

5. As Indian authors are accused for degrading the quality of English and not giving a chance for readers to learn something new, can we expect some Good vocabulary, idioms, phrases, one-word substitutions etc or is it written just as one writes his/her Personal diary? 
Author: I was first a poet . So I have used the essence of poetry in my novel with all the lusty stories. So, you can really expect a series of metaphors and poetic phrases. Although the stories have sex, lust but it's not physically driven. I have used the depth of poetry with all my story lines.



6. Indian Publishing is too hard to deal with, was it easy for you to get a Publisher or did u wait for a long time to get your work published? 
Author: it was a bit of a low blow for me when I heard about the waiting time for getting my novel published. But, it was really fun journey that played with my excitement in hunting the right publisher.

7. What exactly is your target in reference to your Debut Book- 1. Getting most copies sold out, 2. Getting the love of readers or 3. You just wrote it because you wanted to write a book in your life, hence you have no targets with it?
Author: "A 'passion' without money degrades gradually" . Don't get me wrong here 'money' stands for both respect and the Gandhi notes. I really want this novel to debut as the best seller. It is aimed at introverts. It has poetry for the scholars, it has sex for casual readers, it has a series of different storylines, it is a lesson for introverts and it is a journey that every cheat and a flirt has enjoyed in his life. 

8. What was the reaction of your Parents, Siblings, Relatives, Friends and Neighbors after knowing that you are about to get published as an Author? 
Author:  Proud parents, happy friends and excited neighbors. But way to go as Dr. Shashi tharoor rightly said," earning respect is easy but it's indeed difficult to win jealousy" .

9. When can we expect your 2nd book to come out in the market? 
Author: Hopefully before Diwali I ll be releasing my second novel.

10. What are the Promotional strategies that you have applied to promote/market your first book? 
Author: "Author empire literary agency" best online marketing agency for authors in India. Its fun working with them. Plus, I will be giving radio and newspaper interviews as the release date nears.

11. In the end, tell us in 5-7 lines, what speech will you give if you win a Major Award for the Best Indian Author for your debut book?
Author: speech..hmm "I thank Sunny Leone. Thankyou for diverting my mind towards lust. I wouldn't have been the best seller without your esteemed effort in and around my laptop  "

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Book Reviewer | Movie Reviewer | Bibliophile | Business Analyst